In this Tour Tips segment, the rock band, 7Horse, give you their tips for being on tour. You can check out the feature, after the break.
1) Bring every pair of underwear and socks you own. We don’t take many days off. I don’t know when I’ll get a chance to do laundry. I’m not a huge fan of washing things in the hotel room (I’ll do it if I have to) but I’d rather have a clean pair ready. Roll your underwear and pack it in a ziplock bag. Squeeze the air out and put that in your suitcase. You can put a lot of underwear in a freezer bag.
2) Stay hydrated. It’s good for your voice, it’s good for your skin, it makes you feel good all day after a long night.
3) Use hand sanitizer after the meet and greet. You want to connect with your fans. They want to touch you. You don’t know where they’ve been, you don’t know if they’ve got a cold and you definitely don’t want to get sick if you can help it. So before you eat that post show slice of pizza from that great local spot, sanitize your hands.
4) Don’t push the speed too much and stay to the right. We’ve got to get there in the shortest time possible. But more importantly, we need to arrive alive.
5) Enjoy the trip. Let’s face it, it’s tough out here. The business has changed drastically since I broke in the early ’90s. But I still love to look out the window and watch the world go by. I still love to see the country (or another country) up close. Eat the food, talk to the locals and rock their asses off each and every time you get up on that stage. It’s a cliche but it’s true, every show could be your last. Give it everything you’ve got.