The Nashville pop rock band, Shirock, has written some pretty sweet “Tour Tips” for your viewing pleasure. After landing placements on MTV, ABC and NBC, the band has done some extensive touring and have a lot of good advice to give. Check out the tips written by Shirock after the break.
1. Never eat cool ranch Doritos in the van. They smell like feet and your band mates won’t like you. – Kevin
2. Bonding on the road is sometimes best had playing video games, so here are some basic instructions on how to successfully rig a flat screen TV to the window of your van: #1. Get medium size suction cups with wire hooks connected to them, #2. Secure the wire hook to the back of the TV (the number of suction cups needed is based on TV size. Trial and error. Lots of duck tape), #3. Suction your TV to the window, #4 avoid pot holes and speed bumps. – Kevin
3. Buy a GOOD pair of gloves. Nothing is worse than beating up your hands right before you have to play instruments that require you to use them. Road cases can be unkind to bare hands – Kevin
4. It’s hard to stay healthy on the road. Late nights, long drives, fried food buffet at the venue. Drink LOTS of water and bring fruits and vegetables on the road. Try to stay away from fast food. We had too much on a run of shows in Illinois and I got food poisoning. I had to keep a trash can next to my drums for when I got sick during the set. – Adam
5. If you are going to be on the road for at least half of your life, make it with your best friends. – Pap