This set of Tour Tips was written by indie/folk artist, John Bee, also know as American Opera. You can check out his tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. Buy groceries! Money is tight on the road. Stretch your wallet by spending $10 at the grocery store instead of on one sandwich that you will poop out later that day. Think of all the PB&J you could have for $10! You could poop that out for weeks!
2. Make friends! Touring gives you a unique opportunity to make new best friends every single night. The best friends that I have in this world are people that I met playing music. The best part is that they are spread out all over the country, so I get to see all of them all of the time.
3. Get rest! Nobody likes a crabby patty. Touring drains you. You’re always on the go and sleeping in weird places. Whenever you get a chance to sleep, cherish that shit. Sleep rules my ass off. You will perform better and feel better if you are well-rested.
4. Shower! Just ’cause you’re punk rock doesn’t mean I should have to smell you. You’re gross and you stink. Plus you’ll feel better and I’ll feel better because you’ll smell like candy and not bunghole.
5. Be there for your buddies! Touring is a tough lifestyle. Sometimes your dude/dudette will be down in the dumps. Try to lift his/her spirits. Courtesy and generosity goes a long way. Be friends!
Do you think these tips will be useful while touring? Let us know in the comments below!