This new set of Tour Tips was written by the rock band, Ancient Warfare. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
1) Bring an air mattress. It’s a savior on the back and neck and can get stored pretty tightly in the van.
2) Do your research ahead of time and find places to stay with folks you can trust. Otherwise, things might get pretty rough and/or dangerous. Be smart with who you randomly have to crash with.
3) Bring wipes of all types including those for your face/body as well as dry shampoo. They’re essential for the road. Showers are a luxury and limited so you will need anything that cleans sans water. Speaking of water…bring a bathing suit just in case there’s a swimming opp.
4) Download plenty of podcasts ahead of time so you’re not using your data. Make mixed tapes with good travel tunes.
5) Stay healthy. The last thing you need is to get sick and potentially miss an opportunity on a show. There’s way too much effort put into the tour to let it go to waste on being sick. Take daily vitamins and EmergenC etc. Bring a cooler (and ice packs to avoid a soggy mess) packed with as much healthy snacks/sandwich fixings etc., as you can. In the end, you’re saving money and feelin’ a heck of lot better. And with that said…Do NOT eat Mexican food prior to any show. No matter how enticing a bean burrito and guac sounds I highly recommend against the craving.
Did you find these tips useful? Let us know in the comments below!