Another Lost Year is an alternative/rock band from the great state of North Carolina. These guys have some great Tour Tips prepared for you to read. So, go check them out after the break.
1. Every stop, gas station, fast food, anywhere basically, you must grab napkins. Everyone, is required to grab a handful. They come in handy for a multitude of things. ie… emergency spills, if someone gets punched in the face to stop the nose bleeds, napkins also double as rags to check important fluids like oil. And lets face it, you can never have too many napkins
2. Forget everything you know about proper diet, Ramen noodles are the steak of touring, $5 feeds 5 guys for an entire week.
3. Tums are a must, with #2 up there, heartburn is a given.
4. Sleep at every opportunity you are given, we do a 2 hour driving rotation, so you get 6 hours off of driving, you have 2 hours behind the wheel and 2 hours of what we call safety officer, someone who stays awake with the driver to ensure that everyone is safe.
5. Be nice to everyone! We have had so many people open their homes, refrigerators, and most importantly SHOWERS to us. I have seen so many “rockstar” mentalities turn off fans that its not even funny, these are the people that are paying to see you, buying your merch, and spreading the word about you. Plus, just being nice is a good rule to live by. We have come a long way in just over a year by being nice.
These are 5 rules that we live by, we have a few others, no cameras after dark, no one reveals their real age, no one wonders off alone, drugs and alcohol are off limits for us (99% of the time, alcohol that is), and if there is an issue, you bring it up then, do not let something fester in your mind so that when it comes out, it blows up. When you live in a van for months at a time, tempers can flare, easily. You have to trust the guys you are with, know that they all want the same goal as you, and you have to know whats going on with each other all the time, we spend more time together than with our families. I have a daughter that I am missing alot of her life for this, I refuse to be miserable. These things have helped us carry on and keep positive energy with us.