This set of Tour Tips was written by the alternative hard rock band, Art of Shock. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. It’s never too late to promote. One of the most common mistakes when you’re playing in a new market, new city, new venue it’s to expect the show to be packed just because of your handsome face. Be sure to do EVERYTHING in your hands to promote the show, If you can get there a day before that’s great, you can hand out flyers and tell people to come out to your show.
2. Make friends! If private jets and five stars Hotels are out of your radar at the moment an extra hand could make the whole difference, make new friends, could be the difference between crashing in your Van or in a nice warm house.
3. Double check. Try to remind yourself to double check everything; There’s enough gas to get there?, I have the right address?, my back up guitar is on tune?, do I even have a backup guitar?. Things could/might go wrong make sure most of that wasn’t your fault.
4. Never drive too tired. Sometimes you have to drive overnight to get to the next place, if you are too tired to keep driving don’t hesitate to pull over or get to the closest Hotel, you might miss a show but remember safety is FIRST!.
5. Party like a Rockstar. There’s nothing worse than being in a show as an audience and the band is not on the top of their game. A beer or two before the show it’s ok but never to be a floppy drunkass, although after the show it’s PARTY TIME!
Did you enjoy these tips? Let us know in the comments below!