This new set of Tour Tips was written by Canadian rock ‘n roll band, The Balconies. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. Eat oranges instead of drinking orange juice. Unfortunately oranges are very messy and explosive at times so be wary biting into one in the van.
2. Get a long distance phone plan. This seems like a no-brainer, but keeping in touch with loved ones and management is essential.
3. Bring a mat and do Yoga. Sitting in a van all day will make you VERY stiff. Also, being cooped up with the same dudes or dudettes can leave you high strung!
4. Drink less alcohol and more water. Some musicians like to party hard every night but during a long tour you will quickly feel and see the effects of this lifestyle.
5. Let your lead singer get their sleep on the road. Remember if they lose their voice your show will be horrible!