In this Tour Tips segment, the electronic group, Breathe Carolina, give you their tips for being on tour. You can check out the feature, after the break.
1. TOUR SHOWER – This is probably the most important rule of them all, it is the “tour shower”. While you are on the road it’s hard to keep yourself clean. If you can’t make it to your hotel or your bus doesn’t have a shower you need to get yourself some baby wipes. This will help keep you clean, sane and confident. Also, it will help keep your bunk sheets cleaner for longer. Which is also very important.
2. CLEAN UNDERGARMENTS – Along with the tour shower this is equally important! Having fresh socks and underwear can make or break an entire tour. There is nothing worse than wearing 2 to 3-day old socks or underwear. You can shower all you want, but if you put on dirty socks right after you might as well hop right back in the shower. These items will help you stay fresh even if you aren’t able to make it to the shower that day.
3. WALMART STOPS – When you start touring a lot you realize that Walmart will quickly become your best friend. It’s important to stock up on waters, snacks, paper towels, dads, literally anything you can think of. If you party as hard as we do there is no worse feeling than waking up in the morning with a hangover and having NO water in sight and not being able to stop for hours until the next truck stop.
4. POOP BEFORE YOU LEAVE ANYWHERE – Ok all jokes aside this is a real and very important thing. You can’t go number 2 on any bus. So, it’s imperative to make sure you are very aware of that. From personal experience, it is one of the worst things to wake up at 4am and have to go real bad and there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s like how your mom always used to say go to the restroom even if you don’t have to. She wasn’t kidding. It really is important on the road.
5. WRITE YOUR NAME ON THINGS YOU BUY – We have a rule in Breathe Carolina that states, if there is food in the fridge with no name on it, is fair game. Don’t be the guy that ordered extra enchiladas to have for later and forget to put your name on them. When someone comes in hungry and/or stoned you can’t be mad that it’s gone if you didn’t claim it and name it.
6. DRINK WATER – I’m going to throw this one in for good measure. Beer and Alcohol are always easier to come by playing shows and on tour then Water is. I don’t know why, but that stuff is just more accessible than water. So, make sure that while you are out there playing and traveling that you don’t forget about H2O!