This set of Tour Tips is written by pop/punk band, City Lights. You can check them out after the break!
1. Pack change of socks, and make sure you’ve got a sweatshirt. Other than that, just wear/bring everything else. You should have something to play shows in, and something to wear. Stick to that and you’ll go far.
2. Shower as often as you can, even if it’s twice a day. Your clothes will suffer less if you’re clean while you’re dumping sweat into them.
3. When you stay with someone, pick up after yourself. You’re not just being inconsiderate by leaving a mess, but you’re repping your band badly in doing so. Your impression stems far beyond your music and live show.
4. Be social, don’t party like an idiot. You get one chance at leaving a positive/potent impression on people while on stage. If you’re half-mast because you blew yourself up the night before, you’re not really worth a second look. If you don’t believe me, watch ANY Prince performance. That’s your new standard for “tight”.
5. Singing tears your throat wide open, always (yes, even if you’re not screaming). You’re 10 times as likely to get a respiratory infection than the others in your band, and clubs/climate changes/staying on people’s couches and floors isn’t exactly conducive to being healthy. Take vitamins, drink water, don’t talk in the van, and get your damn sleep. Sleep=recovery.