This new set of Tour Tips was written by the Atlanta-based garage rock band, The Coathangers. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. Label your equipment. Put a sticker or tape on all your gear. Things can get messy backstage..this way you and everyone else will know what’s yours! Also helps when it’s time to load out..
2. Make friends with the door guy and the bartenders! Whoever is working the door will let you come and go as you please, let you bring other people backstage, watch your drinks if you go outside! Bartenders should always be your best friends! Always leave good tips even if you have drink tickets..it pays off…SHOTS!
3. If someone offers you a place to stay always ask questions! How many couches or futons? Pets? Roommates? How’s the shower? Crazy boyfriend or girlfriend? No one wants a gun pulled on them in the middle of the night…true story!
4. Take everything from the green room after the show! Water, beer, snacks, toilet paper! You won’t have to buy as much the next day at the gas station! Stock up!!!!
5. If you are looking for any type of drug the sound person is the best person to ask! The end!