This new set of Tour Tips was written by Alex Baugh, of the pop rock band, The Crazy Carls. You can check out his tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. Look at the tour as something that’s going to be positive. Something that you really enjoy doing because you love your music and you want to share it with your fans.
2. Reconfirm dates with promoters/venues/band mates. Things change… You don’t want to have any unnecessary surprises.
3. Keep a handle on expenses. Stay disciplined and don’t max out on funds before the tour is over.
4. Make sure the band understands how much work is involved. Band mates can’t have unreasonable expectations. Everyone should hit the road with an open mind.
5. Try to keep morale up, there is a lot of time between shows. Go skating, play some basketball, to break up waiting for shows.
Did you find these tips useful? Let us know in the comments below!