This new set of Tour Tips was written by Andy Bane, vocalist for the rock band, Dangerkids. You can check out his tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. bring plenty of clean towels! Showers can be few and far between so don’t spoil it by drying off with your dirty sweat rag!
2. Bring plenty of things to help you pass the time. There will be no shortage of long drives so books or handheld video games are always a great distraction. We currently have GTA5 in the van which is always hilarious! It also helps you release any pent up ‘road rage’ you may have haha. We would like to apologize to the people of Los Santos.
3. Bring a least one heavy coat and a pair of gloves. Fargo, North Dakota was about a millions times colder than I expected it to be in the middle of April!
4. Stay away from anything on a gas station roller grill (this is an obvious one). I once made the mistake of eating a hot dog (?) as a quick snack because we were running late getting to a show… So in place of my usual vocal warmups before a show in Nashville, I spent my time puking my guts out. Then performed. And proceeded to puke my guts out.
5. Bring a first aid kit! I found out the hard way (several times) just how sharp the head of a Jackson Bass can be.
Joshua Weidling Owner/Founder
I'm the Founder & CEO of Digital Tour Bus. I started the company in my dorm room during my freshman year of college. I have a degree in Business Marketing from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Outside of music, I'm an avid watcher of South Park, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Community and Parks & Recreation.