This new set of Tour Tips was written by Hannes, the drummer of the metal band, Downfall of Gaia. You can check out his tips for being on tour, after the break.
1. Since I’ve already been there, I consider this my most important tip.
For heavens sake, always check the color of your drink under your seat in the van (especially at night time). You might otherwise get an unpleasent surprise if someone was sleeping in the van, having no toilet around but an empty bottle.
2. Never forget to bring some painkillers, they’ll save your life if you do touring right!
3. This is a trick I just learned on this tour (We are touring the U.S. right now with Black Table from NY).
Since doing laundry is very rare, if you’re on the road make sure to at least have a nice fresh pillow around. The trick is simple: just take a pillow from a motel you’re sleeping in and keep exchanging it every time you crash at a motel again. So take a fresh one and leave the old one behind. Fresh smelling pillows without doing laundry!
4. Before You leave to tour make sure that you have something other than metal and hardcore on your MP3 Player, trust me!
After playing metal shows for a month and just listening to heavy shit in the car it can be as refreshing as a shower to play some MC Hammer on the road.
5. Last but not least: THE PRECIOUS TOILETPAPER.
Always try to bring your own. You never know when you have the next chance to do #2 (broken toilet/no toiletpaper or no toilet at all!).
Keep up with Downfall of Gaia on Facebook!
Did you find these tips useful? Let us know in the comments below!
Joshua Weidling Owner/Founder
I'm the owner & founder of Digital Tour Bus. I started the company in my dorm room during my freshman year of college. I have a degree in Marketing from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Outside of music and going to concerts, I'm a big fan of stand-up comedy, playing board games, trying the most amazing unhealthy food, and watching really mediocre comedy tv shows.