This new set of Tour Tips was written by the metal band, Downfall Of Gaia. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
1) Co – Pilot. If you don’t have a driver or stuff like that and you have to take care of your own business make sure to have an awake co-pilot sitting in front next to the driver and not a person that is trying to party hard or prefers to sleep! This simple rule already saved ourselves. I fell asleep while driving on the highway in ireland during the night. We tried to catch our ferry and i was 100% sure to make it. But i didn’t! The microsleep got me but fortunately the co-pilot grabbed as fast as he could the steering wheel. I opened my eyes and we closely missed the guardrail. Could have ended nastily.
2) Parking . If you park your van during the night make sure to park with the backdoor (where all of the equipment is) as close as possible against a wall or another car. It makes it way more difficult to get robbed.
3) Valuables . Take them always with you. Don’t be so stupid and leave a laptop, your ID or whatever in the van while you are playing a show or running around. Use a backpack or whatever but don’t be to careless.
4) Stay hydrated . Pretty common to drink a lot of beers on the road. But you shouldn’t forget to get your daily water. Otherwise you will feel like shit sooner than later and this tour isn’t that much fun anymore.
5) Don’t be an asshole . Just as simple. Treat promoters, audience and co. always with respect! So many people are playing in a band – you are really nothing special!
Keep up with Downfall Of Gaia on Facebook!
Did you find these tips useful? Let us know in the comments below!
Digital Tour Bus
The posts made by this account were created by past Digital Tour Bus writers, which include: Mariah Spiering, Paige Kochanski, Elexis Hipp, Hayley Hoyle, Alyssa Mount-Bycholski, Javi Perez, Anne-Marie Totah, Bri Born, Grayson Maslin, Christina Major, Emillie Marvel, Kimberly Lady, Lisa Perez, Sara Ruben, Natasha Nadiah, Marissa Linzey, Ashlee Hussey, Alana Ludwig, Katy Fleming, Erin Miller, Rachel Sappie, Jessica Armstrong, Yasha Castro, Jodi Bushnell-Aleman, Brittany Bohn, Christina Bennett, Emily Young, Lizzie Baumgartner, Stephanie Kompradith, Deona Ragsdale and Corey Kleinsasser.