Here’s another set of Tour Tips. This set of five awesome tips comes from Grant Harris, the electro-pop artist, GOLDHOUSE (formerly known as Breathe Electric). You can check out Grant’s tips after the break.
1. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Being with 5-6 other dudes 24/7 can get challenging if you let everything get to you. Choose your battles and just try and have fun.
2. Be on time. Nothing more annoying than waiting to backline because another band didn’t wake up early enough to get there on time.
3. Talk to fans! They are the reason you’re able to tour and play music. Don’t be that guy/girl that’s too cool to come out and stand near your merch table and say hey to fans. Appreciate your fans and it’ll go a long way with them.
4. Take care of yourself. Sometimes it’s tough to eat well on a budget, but try and be conscious of how much Taco Bell you’re consuming. We always like to stop at Whole Foods whenever we can to stock up on fruits and veggies for the day.
5. Soak it all in. I have so many awesome memories of being on tour with great friends experiencing great cities. You’re out there touring to promote your music and connect with fans, but you’re also on the road to have fun… so do it!