Signup to stay up-to-date on our newest videos!
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Heavy metal band, Gypsyhawk, have written a set of helpful Tour Tips for you guys to learn from. You can check them out after the break.
1. Wal-Mart may finance China with US consumer dollars, have loopholes to keep from paying retired and retarded people anything they can actually live on, and be the biggest killer of the American small business, but you’re on tour. You have no money for ethics. Gallons of water for less than a buck, giant sandwiches that will keep you fed all day for $5, and they’ll let you park your van in their parking lot over night without any hassle.
2. Baby wipes and baby powder will save your ass. Literally. You’re not going to shower a lot but you’re going to sweat a ton. To keep rashes off your balls and cheeks, powder your taint every morning. Baby wipes work wonders there too, but can also get rid of the stink in your pits better than deodorant. They kill odor causing bacteria.
3. Don’t keep drugs in the van. If you’re form California, like us, this might come as a big surprise, but the other 49 states just aren’t down. Pigs will be unnecessarily aggressive to a group of long hairs. They’ll ruin your tour and take all your gear. Not worth it. If some dude can only pay for your merch in weed, then smoke it all that night. If you can’t hang with all of it pass it along to some local. She’ll bring all her friends next time you’re in town.
4. Don’t cover your gear with blankets. If you’re in a shady part of town, like most of the clubs we play, then your chances of getting jacked are high. Don’t think hiding something behind a window under a blanket will deter crack heads. There’s crack to be smoked. They will assume you’re hiding something of value under the covers and won’t hesitate to break glass to find out what it is.
5. Ice machines. All 7-11’s, gas n’ gulps, and C-Stores have free ice next to their sodey pops. Who says you need a cup? Just fill up your cooler every day or more and you can keep meats, cheeses, fruits, vegetables and whatever else you like to snack on fresh for days if not longer. This saves money on food. More for whiskey.
Joshua Weidling Owner/Founder
I'm the owner & founder of Digital Tour Bus. I started the company in my dorm room during my freshman year of college. I have a degree in Marketing from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Outside of music and going to concerts, I'm a big fan of stand-up comedy, playing board games, trying the most amazing unhealthy food, and watching really mediocre comedy tv shows.