This set of Tour Tips is written by pop/rock musician, Jordan Gable. You can check them out after the break.
1. Keep an organized itinerary so that you know exactly where you’re going and who you’re dealing with at all times. This is imperative.
2. You can never pack enough underwear and T-Shirts! These are essentials and you’ll be sorry if they’re not readily available! (unnecessary trips to Wal-Mart could throw you off track and cause you to waste some cash!)
3. Try and eat as healthy as possible, even though it might be tough. Grocery stores are a great resource and are normally within a few miles away.
4. As simple as it sounds, always respect your fellow band mates. Tour can get tough sometimes when things go wrong or annoyances add up. Emotional boundaries might be stepped on, so try to stay on an even keel. Don’t overreact, and remember that you’re playing together for a reason!
5. Get as much sleep as possible! Naps rule (if you can get comfortable). When tour is almost over and you’ve got just a week or a few days left of shows, you’ve gotta stay mentally sharp and well-rested. Toward the end of a run, it’s better to have some energy and strength than to be the guy who’s completely whooped.