This new set of Tour Tips was written by the rock band, Kamchatka. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
1) Focus on the music: If all band members are doing it for the right reason, there will be no “problems” that are too difficult to solve.
2) Be on time: Respect each other by being on time for sound check, bus call, interviews, meetings, etc., etc.
3) Let go of your ego: Don’t forget that it’s a team effort and that you depend on each other to make the tour work out and the music flow free.
4) Party smart: Don’t get wasted every night because it will affect your performance in the long run. If you feel like partying hard, do it when you have a day off the next day. This might take a couple of years to get around, but in the end your body will remind you.
5) Remember why you are on tour: The reason why you are on a tour is because people like to hear your band play and not because you think it’s you own given right. Be grateful that you’ve made something that people like come to enjoy. Embrace it, live it and love that sharing moment because that’s your reward up there on stage.
Keep up with Kamchatka on Facebook and Twitter!
Did you find these tips useful? Let us know in the comments below!