This set of Tour Tips is written by pop/punk band, Kid Liberty. You can check them out after the break!
1. First and MOST IMPORTANTLY… If you want to make a life out of being in a band and think your next step is to hit the road… DO IT!! Don’t sit around and wait for someone else to do things for you. You CAN book your own tour. It may suck and be hard/stressful at times, but trust me.. you’ll be glad you did it.
2. Save money.. when you first start touring it is costly and anything can happen. Be prepared. Plus… you gotta eat!
3. Keep the drives short. The less gas you have to use every day the easier it is to keep positive financially. I know you probably wanna cover as much area as possible, but in the beginning its great to keep it dense. You can keep covering new area as you grow! Being seen in new places is half the battle!
4. PROMOTE!! Get to the city you are playing early and go to a mall or something like that. The more people you tell about your show personally, the better chances you have of people coming out. Even if the Facebook event has 87 confirmed guests… PROMOTE PERSONALLY!! Its was too easy for someone to click an RSVP button.. you cant put your trust in that.
5. Last, but not least… don’t get bummed!! Your gonna play for 3 kids sometimes.. it happens. Growing takes time, and unless your some crazy exception your not gonna be a rockstar for a while! If you know it’s all gonna be worth it to you in end.. stay positive!!