This set of Tour Tips is written by pop/punk band, Man Overboard. You can check them out after the break!
1. Don’t forget to get your oil changed regularly! No one wants to break down in he middle of nowhere and then have to buy a new transmission
2. Regularly check all your lights and wiring. Quick checks when you stop for gas can save you from a pricey ticket!
3. If you’re a smaller band – bring your own mic stands. For a band with two lead singers, before we were playing proper clubs we would always run into the problem of “oh crap, yeah we only have one mic stand”
4. Pick smart merch. Make sure you have a merch design for each type of fan you bring out. Tough guy shirt, Girlie tee, standard shirt, hoodie or tank top, etc. You can’t please everyone every time but you want everyone to see at least one thing they will want to buy.
5. Be VERY afraid of touring too much. If you are touring constantly and hitting new places that is good. But revisiting the same places too often will tire out your fans, lower your draw and make the area dead for you. Hit new places, give your best places some TLC and build other areas appropriately. Don’t overstay your welcome anywhere. Leave them wanting more!