In this episode of Cooking at 65 MPH, the vocalist, Michael Jagmin, of the rock/screamo band, A Skylit Drive, shows you how to cook a dish that he makes a lot while on tour, Dark Chocolate Fresh Toast. You can watch the video, after the break.
12 Grain Bread – 2 pieces
Egg Whites – 138 grams
Egg – 1
Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips – 8 chips
Cooking Spray (optional)
Walden Farms Pancake Syrup (optional)
Cooking Directions (demonstrated in the video):
1. Prepare portable flat-top griddle by preheating to the griddle’s maximum temperature.
2. Crack one egg into a bowl. Then, set scale to zero and add 138 grams of egg whites into the bowl.
3. Whisk the egg and egg whites together until thoroughly mixed.
4. Dip both pieces of bread until the whisked eggs until soaked.
5. Spray flat-top griddle with cooking spray and then add both pieces of soaked bread to the griddle.
6. Press in all 8 chocolate chips in the bread (4 in each pieces). Be careful not to burn yourself.
7. Cook each side of the bread until golden brown and crispy.
8. Add desired amount of pancake syrup. (optional)
Information about the video:
Band – A Skylit Drive
Film Date – March 12, 2014
Location – Joliet, IL
Did you enjoy this episode of Cooking at 65 MPH? Let us know in the comments below!
Joshua Weidling Owner/Founder
I'm the owner & founder of Digital Tour Bus. I started the company in my dorm room during my freshman year of college. I have a degree in Marketing from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Outside of music and going to concerts, I'm a big fan of stand-up comedy, playing board games, trying the most amazing unhealthy food, and watching really mediocre comedy tv shows.