This set of Tour Tips comes from Midnight Mob. You can check out their tips after the break.
1. Don’t eat food in the van. It’s messy and leaves the craziest scents behind.
2. Loofa, soap, spray bottle, turkey baster, sandals, and a towel. I know this sounds RIDICULOUS, but hotels every night are expensive and well just not going to happen. I believe cleanliness is next to godliness, and Yes, taking primitive showers in random sinks is nuts, but when you are trying to make friends on the road or meet a hotty, the last thing you want to smell like is an onion jock strap.
3. Garbage bags to separate clean clothes from dirty clothes and to put trash in. There is nothing worse than accidently playing in the same shirt twice and dealing with your pits afterwards or sleeping in piles of wrappers, half melted candy, peanut shells, and old hoagies. I know we’re supposed to be all “rock n roll” but hygiene is essential.
4. Pillows and blankets. I create a nest like a condor. Driving 16 hours in a van with a seatbelt stuck in your back is horrendous.
5. Have fun and enjoy the experience! Bring a camera and film everything, some things can’t be explained unless you see them for yourself. Talk to everyone at every show you play. You’ll meet some of the nicest, coolest, and best all-around people.
* There are so many things we can say about this topic. You live and learn. These are the more humorous and practical. Most importantly be careful & safe with everything you do and watch your equipment & each other!