In this episode of Cooking at 65mph, Kyle Scholz, who does vocals/keyboards for the rock band, The Ongoing Concept, prepares an omelette, in the trailer of his band’s van, while on tour with War of Ages. You can watch the video, after the break.
Eggs – 4
Turkey bacon – 3 strips
Cheddar cheese – 1 1/2 cups
Milk – 1/4 cup
Tomato – 1/3 cup
Spinach – 1/2 cup
Green onion – 1/3 cup
Seasoned salt – to your liking
Pepper – to your liking
Hot sauce (optional)
Cooking Directions (demonstrated in the video):
1. Get out skillet and electric double burner, as well as all of your ingredients.
2. After preheating your skillet, drop three slices of turkey bacon into the pan.
3. Cook the bacon until it looks a little burned. That way, it is a bit crispy.
4. Once bacon is fully cooked, remove bacon from the skillet and drain the grease off of it using a plate and paper towel.
5. Crack 4 eggs into a bowl (be careful not to get the shells in the bowl) and add 1/4 of a cup of milk to the bowl.
6. Whip the eggs and milk together until thoroughly mixed.
7. Use cooking spray to coat the pan. This way, your eggs won’t stick while cooking the omelette.
8. While you’re waiting for your skillet to preheat again, crumble up your bacon. Also, use this time to dice your tomato and chop your spinach.
9. Add your egg/milk mixture to your preheated skillet.
10. Move the eggs around while cooking (almost like you’re making scrambled eggs) to make sure your omelette doesn’t come out runny.
11. Add your cheese, seasoned salt, and pepper to the eggs.
12. Once the cheese has melted and right before you’re ready to flip, add your spinach, green onion, tomato and bacon.
13. Flip your omelette and put it on your plate.
14. Add hot sauce and ketchup to your liking.
Information about the video:
Band – The Ongoing Concept
Film Date – June 29, 2014
Location – Darien, IL
Did you enjoy this episode of Cooking at 65 MPH? Let us know in the comments below!