In this episode of Cooking at 65mph, Andrew Pugh, guitarist for the rock band, Otherwise, prepares some chicken with cheesy potatoes and sauteed vegetables, on his band’s tour bus. You can watch the video, after the break.
Chicken breast – 3
Bacon – 3 strips
Spinach – 1/4 cup
Onion – 1 large
Bell pepper – 1/2 a pepper
Potato – 2
White cheddar cheese – 1/3 cup
Garlic salt – to your liking
Black pepper – to your liking
All-purpose seasoning – to your liking
Cooking Directions (demonstrated in the video):
1. Chop up your onion and bell pepper into small chunks.
2. Start your skillet and then add your onion, bell pepper, spinach and bacon.
3. Cook your “toppers” (sauteed vegetables) for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
4. While your vegetables are cooking, season your chicken with garlic salt, black pepper and all-purpose seasoning.
5. Put your potatoes into the microwave. After around 5 minutes, check on them and continue to heat until thoroughly cooked.
6. Chop up your cheese into small pieces.
7. Once your “toppers” are cooked, put them off to the side. Leave a little bit on the skillet to cook with the chicken.
8. Add your chicken to the skillet and cook for 5-8 minutes or until cooking all the way through.
9. Once the potatoes are done, chop them to small pieces.
10. Pull your cooked chicken off the skillet and then throw your potatoes onto the skillet.
11. Add garlic salt, black pepper and all-purpose seasoning to the potatoes and cook until they get a little crispy.
12. Plate your chicken, potatoes and toppers to your plate and add your cheese to the top of your potatoes.
Information about the video:
Band – Otherwise
Film Date – March 18, 2015
Location – Arlington Heights, IL
Did you enjoy this episode of Cooking at 65 MPH? Let us know in the comments below!