This set of Tour Tips was written by the singer/songwriter, Phil Rind, of the thrash metal band, Sacred Reich. You can check out his tips for touring, after the break.
1. Be grateful. No one owes you anything. You are fortunate there are total strangers out there who make it possible for you to make music and travel around the world.
2. Don’t complain. Everyone is in the same boat (or van, or bus). No reason to be negative and bring everyone down. There are people out there with real problems.
3. Keep your stuff together. Space is at a premium. Don’t spread yourself out everywhere. Everyone needs a little space of their own.
4. Enjoy the ride. Look out the window. Experience the neighborhood you are in. Who knows if you will ever be back.
5. Go native. Ask the people who live there what to do, where to go, where to eat, drink and be merry.
6. Flowers brighten up a room and smell good too.
7. Tell the fans thank you. Without them you are just a dude without a job.
8. Play your ass off. Times are tough and these folks saved their hard earned cash to see you. Make it worth their time and money.
Do you think these tips will come in handy while on tour? What tips would you recommend? Let us know in the comments below!
Joshua Weidling Owner/Founder
I'm the owner & founder of Digital Tour Bus. I started the company in my dorm room during my freshman year of college. I have a degree in Marketing from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Outside of music and going to concerts, I'm a big fan of stand-up comedy, playing board games, trying the most amazing unhealthy food, and watching really mediocre comedy tv shows.