Folk band, River City Extension, have written a set of helpful Tour Tips for you guys to learn from. You can check them out after the break.
1. Apologize to your band at the end of everyday. Don’t let the sun go down on your bullshit.
2. Keep a checklist of all of your gear. Use it daily.
3. You rarely “don’t have to pee”. Make sure you get out at every stop, even to stretch. Fresh air is amazing.
4. Try to avoid overnight drives in a van. Make friends, sleep on someone’s floor. A bench is not a bed.
5. You work as a team. Show up on time for van calls, meal calls, etc. It pays to be polite to your band mates, and an early load-in makes everyone’s lives easier.