This new set of Tour Tips was written by the rock band, Screaming At Demons. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
1) Always have a stash of instant oatmeal. Having spent years touring some of the shittiest dives in the world I have found that having a stash of instant oatmeal works wonders before a show when the other options available to you make your stomach turn.
2) Get your American accent down if you’re an international artist. I remember asking a barmaid for a glass of water and she said “we don’t sell that classy french shit here honey”
3) Tour with friends… Trust me.
4) Make sure your day is scheduled around when you are going to play a show. There’s nothing worse than walking onstage without a full tank of gas in the truck. Your show is sloppy, your audience is let down (whether they know it or not) and worst of all you let yourself down. I learned this very early in my career and made a good reputation as a performer by making sure the show was the most important part of the day.
5) Plan things to do ahead of time on days off. I hated leaving a town and finding out that night that there was an amazing museum or landmark that I didn’t bother to look up earlier and missed it.
Did you find these tips useful? Let us know in the comments below!