This set of Tour Tips was written by James Mattock from the rock ‘n roll band, Sharks. You can check out his tips, after the break.
1. If you could have it have it your way, tour in the spring/summer and do everything else in the colder seasons. Winter is for staying indoors and writing music. Summer is for traveling with friends and playing music.
2. Enjoy Mexican food. If you live in America, or West Coast better still, enjoy Mexican food every day knowing that it’s something the general public of Britain are so miserably deprived of.
3. Make friends, stay at their houses and be extremely grateful that you’re not sleeping in the van. People who let us crash always become good friends and we always try to return the favour in one way or another.
4. Whoever considers the term ‘groupie’ as something they actually believe in, then one is a self centered moron and should get real.
5. Just don’t lose sight of why you’re doing this. I’ve been on tour with people who are miserable about it every day, and it’s so sad. Keep touring fun no matter what, and above everything else.