This new set of Tour Tips was written by the pop artist, Shayna Leigh. You can check out her tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. DOUBLE (no, TRIPLE) check addresses. What I have noticed is that there are a lot of repeated addresses/venue names in my maps app… Nothing spells disaster quite like driving to the correctly named venue in the wrong city just to have to turn around and drive back the way you came… or finding out that there are multiple streets with the same name and number only after you’ve arrived at the WRONG ONE… (I know this to be true… because both of these things have happened to me!) Learn from my mistakes! (haha)
2. BRING SNACKS. There is nothing worse than being stuck in a car and starving with nowhere to stop in sight… also I don’t know about you, but I am the grumpiest person alive when I’m hungry… so I absolutely wouldn’t want to subject my band mates to that.
3. Choose your driver, your navigator and your DJ wisely. All three of these roles are vital to the success of your trip.
4. Any time you see a restroom, USE IT. Even if you think you don’t need to. Self explanatory.
5. If you find free food, TAKE IT. Also self explanatory.
6. STAY ORGANIZED. I organize myself constantly- when I get to the hotel, when I get to the venue… Because you 100 percent will lose something, but I think if I’m compulsively organizing, perhaps I can keep myself from losing the most important things… Maybe that’s just wishful thinking though… I hope I didn’t jinx myself!
7. SWEATPANTS. I will not travel without my favorite pair of men’s sweatpants. They are huge, warm, and pretty unattractive… also the most comfortable thing in the entire world when you’re stuck in a car for 8 hours. Also, avoid taking photos in said sweatpants whenever possible!
Did you find these tips useful? Let us know in the comments below!