This new set of Tour Tips was written by the metal band, Skindred. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
There are hundreds of tour tips! Ranging from the obvious to the not so obvious. Most of them have a predictably personal connection…
1) Don’t microwave tuna. ‘Nuff said.
2) (Before doors) Always use the women’s toilets. They’re nicer, have soap, have toilet paper, and usually have more cubicles. I’m reliably informed it’s been scientifically proven that women’s toilets have more germs than men’s – but who cares. What you don’t know doesn’t hurt you. And you KNOW there’s something heinous floating in or around the men’s.
3) Stockpile water. Have secret stashes of water hidden throughout the bus – nothing worse than waking up with a raging hangover in a car park 20 miles from anywhere with no water in sight. Also handy when brushing teeth – bus water sits in the tank and can lead to a dodgy tummy (read next tip).
4) Always take a plastic carrier bag on the tour bus. Rule number 1 of tour buses? Don’t shit on them! The toilets aren’t equipped to deal with this, and doing so results in getting elbow deep in a cocktail of everyone’s piss and your guilty turd to remove the damage. This being said, you MIGHT be caught short on tour – either through illness or the wrong curry – in which case hot bagging is essential. This is where the carrier bag comes in. Line the toilet with the bag, do the business, dispose of the bag (responsibly). Pro tip – check the bag for safety holes. No one ever wants to hot bag, but the alternative is far worse.
5) Always remember wet wipes – not every venue has a shower! Not every shower has water! Sometimes you’ll go from a festival to festival in a van. It sounds like it doesn’t make much difference, but 5 mins with a wet wipe will keep you fresh and probably save your band friendships.
I have no idea why most of the tour tips revolve around defecation…
Did you find these tips useful? Let us know in the comments below!
Digital Tour Bus
The posts made by this account were created by past Digital Tour Bus writers, which include: Mariah Spiering, Paige Kochanski, Elexis Hipp, Hayley Hoyle, Alyssa Mount-Bycholski, Javi Perez, Anne-Marie Totah, Bri Born, Grayson Maslin, Christina Major, Emillie Marvel, Kimberly Lady, Lisa Perez, Sara Ruben, Natasha Nadiah, Marissa Linzey, Ashlee Hussey, Alana Ludwig, Katy Fleming, Erin Miller, Rachel Sappie, Jessica Armstrong, Yasha Castro, Jodi Bushnell-Aleman, Brittany Bohn, Christina Bennett, Emily Young, Lizzie Baumgartner, Stephanie Kompradith, Deona Ragsdale and Corey Kleinsasser.