This new set of Tour Tips was written by rock band, Skytown Riot. You can check out the tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. Always keep some giveaway items on you, such as business cards, stickers, wristbands, or download cards. Everyone you meet is a potential fan.
2. A little baby powder can go a long way… make sure somebody packs it.
3. This one is obvious, but important. Figure out who your DD is BEFORE the show.
4. Everywhere you perform there are people with jobs to do. As you meet these people (sound engineers, venue staff, bartenders/servers, etc..) find ways that you can make their job easier and more enjoyable. Leave them with a good impression and good things will come of it.
5. Don’t forget about your family and friends at home. They’re probably the reason that you’re able to be on the road to begin with.