This set of Tour Tips was written by the rock ‘n roll band, Stardog Champion. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. Smartphone. I know its not very rock n roll..haha. but today’s musician needs to stay on top of everything from connecting with fans to planning tours. Also you can skype/facetime with your loved ones back home. Make sure you have an unlimited data plan….haha
2. Always have a “Co-Pilot”. Unless you’re in a bus and everyone can sleep soundly (if you have a good driver) in their bunks, you are going to be doing some late night diving. Always have a co-pilot who rides shotgun to keep the driver awake.
3. Sleep. Make sure you get enough sleep….especially for singers. when you start getting run down your live performance WILL suffer.
4. Party in moderation. Again, not very rock n’ roll but partying too hard will burn you out fast on the road. trust me i’ve learned my lesson….haha! i don’t drink at all anymore….it’s been years.
5. Take it all in. There are so many things to see and experience while touring. When you can, get out an check out the area around you. Eat at the local spots and hang with the local people.
Did you enjoy their tips? Let us know in the comments below!