Pop rock band, Sunderland, were kind enough to write a set of Tour Tips you guys can learn from. You can check them out after the break.
1. Have fun with your bandmates. They’re not just friends anymore – they’re your family! Work out any issures you might have and get comfortable with everyone.
2. Learn how to make sacrifices. You’ll usually have to compromise with your other bandmates, which will make everyone (relatively) happy.
3. Get your game face on. They whole tour is a promoting deal, so if you have to, try to eat well, stay in shape, get good amounts of sleep, and talk to fans as much as possible – making a personal connection makes the band seem that much better because they know you!
4. Have fun on stage!! Get ready to perform and smile! A good CD that you are selling will get picked up easier if your live show is awesome. Also, they’ll remember you more easily!
5. Try to save money. Look for good deals on gas and food. Money isn’t the first always the first priority on tours (sometimes it’s just getting your name out there), but everything adds up!