This new set of Tour Tips was written by the rock band, The Bloodline. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. Getting adequate rest is so important. I’ve had many nights where I get an hour of sleep or no sleep at all and it really makes things tough. I give it all on stage and being tired will not help me at all. Try to get as much sleep as possible. Also, most gyms will let you have a day pass so if you are by one try and get a solid workout in two or three times a week.
2. I understand this one is tough. I find myself always tempted to eat junk food on the road. Especially with all the stops at gas stations and truck stops. It makes it hard to not splurge and buy a Hershey’s bar or a snickers ice cream bar. lol. If you can resist this not only will you save money but you can avoid eating something not so healthy. It’s definitely tough but try and resist the junk food as much as possible. It will pay off and you will feel better. Also, drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
3. Ok so we all know out on the road is a great time. We make new friends and sometimes you wanna let loose and have a few. Well in moderation it’s ok. If every night you a drunk mess not only will your band get sick of you but you will not present yourself right IMO. Now I know some bands that party nonstop and if that’s how they wanna be that’s fine but in my opinion it’s not the greatest thing to do. You can take my advice or not I don’t judge anyone if they party all the time on tour, I just think you will feel a lot better if you don’t.
4. When I tour I’m there to help sell my band’s product, period. I’m not there for a love connection or massive parties or to be a drunk mess every night. I wanna make sure that everything I do will help push my band in the right direction. A lot of people forget what they are out on tour to do and get distracted by things that really don’t matter.
5. Ok, now the biggest thing to remember is to have fun. I know some of the other tips I gave really make me sound lame on tour, but that’s not true. I have a blast when I’m out here. Traveling to new places, making new friends, trying new food, and hanging with some of your best friends is a joy. If the fun stopped I would be done without a doubt. The other tips I gave are just a guideline I use to keep myself in check.
Now don’t get me wrong I’ve had some wild nights on the road and still have many other great memories to come. It’s a blast playing in new places and meeting new people. Go out and have fun, but like tip 4 remember what you are out there for.
Did you find these tips useful? Let us know in the comments below!