This new set of “Tour Tips” comes from the LA alternative rock band The Darlings. In the past, the band has garnered radio play on the garnered influential LA modern rock station KROQ, as well as national attention on numerous tours. The band wrote 5 tips on how to tour that you can check out after the break.
1. Always find somewhere to shower and do laundry. If you don’t, you will end up with a horrible smelling tour van.
2. Split all the driving into shifts and stick by the driving shifts. Everyone will do equal driving and this makes for a happy band.
3. Buy snacks for long drives cause you don’t always pull over for full meals.
4. Bring iPods and/or portable game systems to kill time on the road.
5. For late night drives: chewing gum, energy drinks, and loud music are your best friends!!!