This new set of Tour Tips was written by the funk soul band, The New Mastersounds. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. When flying, squish a clean pair of undies, socks and a t-shirt into a ziplock bag and carry it in your hand luggage. That way, if your suitcase gets lost, you at least have an extra 24 hours’ grace before you start to stink.
2. Take your own supply of quality tea bags, Cadbury’s chocolate, and a jar of Marmite. An electric kettle too, unless you want to strain your tea through the hotel coffee machine.
3. Hoard quarters but discard all other shrapnel in the charity box. You’ll need the quarters for the hotel laundry and detergent vending machines which have been frozen in time since 1970 but which work perfectly well.
4. Hoard those skanky $1 bills – apart from your fans, and the staff in McDonalds, everyone you encounter expects you to give them a tip but you’re not supposed to ask for change because for some reason that ruins the game.
5. If stopped by the police always be polite since they are all heavily armed. If asked to perform circus tricks at the side of the road, you must co-operate but try not to laugh. This is a fun alternative to the breathalyzer technology adopted 30 years ago in the rest of the developed world.
Keep up with The New Mastersounds on Facebook!
Did you find these tips useful? Let us know in the comments below!