In this Tour Tips segment, the alternative band, Twin Wild, give you their tips for being on tour. You can check out the feature, after the break.
1) When the tour van doesn’t fit into a KFC drive through… get creative. This is a problem most bands seem to encounter – you’ve just finished a show, you’re hungry and you need a KFC. But sadly, our van never seems to fit into the drive through and they almost always turn you away if you’re not in a car – this is our foolproof solution.
2) Bring a tour ready backpack with lots of pockets. You WILL lose everything. Nothing worse than the feeling of losing your wallet, and then to find it’s tucked right at the bottom of your bag. A backpack with a minimum of 4 pockets and a place to stick a drink is the place to be haha. We’ve successfully lost chargers, headphones and well. You name it.
3) Always take advantage of any opportunity to piss during long journeys to avoid the annoyance of your band mates. There’s not much more to say about this other than, Richard is the culprit here.
4) Do not plug a microwave into a vans plug sockets. This is probably the quickest way to blow a fuse in your van. The dream of a beautiful home cooked meals on the road was quickly lost and all that was gained were 4 uncharged phones.
5) Cambridge lido during winter is not a suitable alternative for a shower. Dave and I (Rich) decided not to make use of the showers at the hotel and having googled what was near us we thought a little dip at Cambridge Lido would have been a good idea. It was busy so we assumed it couldn’t be that cold, it’s only when we got in the pool in just our swimming trunks we realized everyone else was wearing wetsuits and probably training for a triathlon. At least the lifeguards had a good laugh.