This new set of Tour Tips was written by the pop artist, W. Darling. You can check out her tips for being on the road, after the break.
1) If at all possible, tour with people you like. You end up spending a lot of time together, so genuinely enjoying each others company really helps.
2) Don’t eat garbage. It doesn’t feel good. Resist the temptation to roll up to that drive-through and get a quick whatever. You’ll regret it. Go explore a local grocery store.
3) Sleep. Schedules are always a little messed up on the road so make it a priority and get it whenever you can. My dad is an expert in the art of the 10 minute power nap. After decades on the road, he can pull over, lean the driver’s seat back, pull his hat over his face and disappear for ten minutes, then return completely rested and ready to go.
4) FaceTime with the people who love you who aren’t related to the tour. In moments of feeling like a feather on the wind out in a wild unforgiving world, they will pull you back to reality.
5) Don’t believe your own hype. We’re all just people working and it’s easy to get swept up when thousands of people are screaming for you. Stay humble, exercise and eat breakfast. Always eat breakfast.
Did you find these tips useful? Let us know in the comments below!