In this Preshow Rituals segment, the metal band, Weapon-X, share what they do before every show. You can check out their rituals, after the break.
Our pre-show ritual is a bit heavy on the business side of things since we are also the Promoter on 90 percent of our Tours, Festivals, and shows. That being said we make sure that we have as much fun as we possibly can.
1. Wake up preferably “on time” to get all of the Backline gear, our gear, merch, front door gear, etc together and into the Van/Truck.
2. Arrive at the venue meet with the sound guy, and the venue manager. We also meet with the other bands on the bill and get to know them. We’ll find the best spot for our Merch booth and gear staging.
3. Have a drink or two with our new friends and get a bite to eat. We usually find a classic food place that each city is known for. For example, we’ll order a Philly Cheesesteak in Philly, Chowder in Boston etc. Many times we take this time to meet all of our brand new friends from Twitter, Facebook etc. This is one of our favorite parts of the show.
4. Check out and support the other acts on the bill and mingle with the crowd. We often hang in the green room as well when possible. When it comes time for us to go on we’ll do last minute tuning prep, gear adjustments, stretching. Some of the guys will play pool and/or darts before the show.
5. Cue up the “Anvil of Crom” theme from Conan the Barbarian and “Huddle up” we try to come up with some Epic profound speech like we’re playing in the Super Bowl but we usually just end up talking’ shit to each other.
6. Shred onstage for an hour plus.Engage with the crowd as much as possible.
7. Hang out at the Merch table with friends until we get kicked out by the Venue staff.
8. Find a cool spot to unwind until the sun comes up.
Digital Tour Bus
The posts made by this account were created by past Digital Tour Bus writers, which include: Mariah Spiering, Paige Kochanski, Elexis Hipp, Hayley Hoyle, Alyssa Mount-Bycholski, Javi Perez, Anne-Marie Totah, Bri Born, Grayson Maslin, Christina Major, Emillie Marvel, Kimberly Lady, Lisa Perez, Sara Ruben, Natasha Nadiah, Marissa Linzey, Ashlee Hussey, Alana Ludwig, Katy Fleming, Erin Miller, Rachel Sappie, Jessica Armstrong, Yasha Castro, Jodi Bushnell-Aleman, Brittany Bohn, Christina Bennett, Emily Young, Lizzie Baumgartner, Stephanie Kompradith, Deona Ragsdale and Corey Kleinsasser.